Friday, March 20, 2009

Mr thalarctos finds out the truth

I'm only faking it, because I love him.

End of a long week; he took his final exams, and I had a ton of deadlines this week as well. We finally get home after all the running around, and settle in for "Battlestar Galactica: The Last Frakkin' Special", and we find out we've run out of just about everything this week, including stuff for dinner, and those Mexican Cokes, the ones with the real sugar rather than the high-fructose corn syrup, that he likes to drink while watching BSG.

I offer to run up to the store which has the Cokes and get stuff for dinner as well, and that's when the truth came out.

He said, "But I don't want you to miss 'The Last Frakkin Special'! I know you really want to watch it."

Nope, not really. I just haven't really gotten into BSG, and I barely know who anyone is, or what their story consists of. I know I'm throwing away my geek cred by admitting it, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it; I've just been hoarding my time for other things. I think once the entire series is out on DVD, I'll probably get it and do a BSG-a-thon. And that will be the time when I get hooked, and I go online to follow the discussions, and debate the intricacies of plot and character. But usually now, when Mr thalarctos has it on, I fall asleep halfway through, anyway, because I just don't have the bandwidth at the moment.

He barely notices, as rapt as he is. But the truth will out, eventually, and it did this evening. I'm saving BSG for a near future in which I have time to get involved in a quality show, but--for now--it's just background noise for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home