Sunday, December 04, 2005

Road trip!

With my remaining time in the Northeast growing short, and my finally having access to a car, the plan today is to make a trip to New York City. It's not going to be an in-depth visit, more of a fly-by, but I will get out and do a couple of things while I'm there.

If I go, that is. There is snow on the ground, and it is sticking, but the sun is not up yet, so that could change as the morning goes on. I'm going to catch a little traffic on the TV and the Internet, and see how things go. If it's at all possible, though, I do want to do it, since this will be my last chance to go before returning--after today, I'm booked solid for the next week.

Mr. Raven (who has an almost scary eidetic memory for cartography) has gone to the effort to sketch out an interesting itinerary, map it, mark it up for my navigating pleasure, and mail it to me. I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of the places he's highlighted. Here's hoping I have something more interesting to blog about this trip than just "I made it almost to the freeway before having to turn around and come home.".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home