Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well, I won't be buying a Kia next year

2006 is going to be my year to buy a new car, but Kia's latest ad campaign has convinced me that it won't be one of theirs. If that's the regard they hold efforts to save endangered species in, then they've just saved themselves from a bunch of my greenbacks.

I'd rather have a hybrid, anyway--and a talking one, like my boss' boss has. When his daughter picked me up for Thanksgiving dinner, it navigated between our towns, only speaking up when it needed to tell her to make a turn or something. And if she didn't do what it said, it just readjusted to the new situation, and began giving directions from there. I half-expected it to reproach her, saying "I told you to turn back there--you never listen to me", but I guess the technology isn't there just quite yet.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raven, I can recommend the Honda Insight; I've had mine for four years now and I'm quite happy with it.
OT, I just wanted to thank you for your comments on Pharyngula (amongst others). Its been a long time since I was in college and your lucid, concise comments (most recently about designing studies to test the efficacy of prayer) remind me why I loved being in school. So, thanks. And sorry you're stuck in Philly, the Pacific Northwest is still wet and beautiful.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger thalarctos said...

thanks, Bruce! I appreciate the kind words and the reco.

and I just got back. 53 degrees and rainy--it's beautiful! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home