Thursday, April 17, 2008

Adieu

I just learned of the death of one of my old mentors, the one who gave me my first professional chance. It's shocking to have been out of touch so long that it took the news several years to reach me; ever since hearing it, I've felt like I've been punched in the stomach, although we haven't seen each other in many years.

I've been seeing this overnight walk event advertised a lot on buses lately; I'm seriously considering whether I could get ready in time for it or not.

UPDATE, 22 April: I can't get ready for the event in the time remaining, and meet all the commitments I have in the meantime as well. A better plan is to commit to doing this event next year instead, and to prepare properly for it between now and then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home