Thursday, October 06, 2005

You've overplayed your paw, Cat

Just how stupid do you think I am?

Oddly enough, since the cat who had the seizure continued to get sicker and sicker and finally shuffled off this mortal coil, we are going through more, not less, cat food than when we had two cats. Mystery partly solved when LL and I compared notes--turns out that after I've been feeding him and leaving for work in the morning, he goes and cries outside her door, convincing her that I forgot to feed him, and scoring a second breakfast.

Ok, I have to admit that was pretty smart. But his success led him to branch out, and now he's overreaching.

Here's a hint, Cat--for that trick to work, you need two different marks. Not having Korsakoff's syndrome, and having actually transitioned out of the concrete operations stage into the formal operational one a long time ago, I was not fooled for a minute when, after I fed you and went back in my room, you stood outside my door and cried about how Raven forgot to feed you.

Not gonna work, Cat--you're going to have to pull something else out of your bag of tricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home