Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hooding ceremony

Our department held its first ever hooding ceremony, and Jill, Nick, and I were the three doctoral graduates to receive our hood from our professors--a very symbolic gesture of being welcomed into the academy as a peer.



I'll try to get some pictures of the ceremony itself from people who were in the audience. In the meantime, this is Mr. Raven and me before the ceremony, so I have the cap and gown, but am not yet wearing the hood.

Mr. Raven is wearing a stole of gratitude--it's something the academic garment people offer that represents a tangible token of appreciation from the graduate to someone who has provided special help to the graduate.

Since I wouldn't have been able to do this without his support, I wanted to acknowledge that publicly; hence, the stole of gratitude.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home