Chapter 7 just went to the publisher!
Which means, in the space of the last week, I have written and delivered the following:
- Revised Preface (massage research literacy textbook), incorporating all editor's changes;
- Revised Chapter 1 (massage research literacy textbook), incorporating all editor's changes;
- Research literacy article for Massage & Bodywork magazine, introducing the Introduction section of a research article, and the concept of statistical significance, located in the context of massage for pregnancy (actually, this was a rewrite; I had delivered 5000+ words, forgetting it was supposed to be ~2000, so had to do a major rewrite to make it fit without destroying the continuity);
- Incorporated major reviewers' changes to a journal article based on my dissertation; if they accept it, I'll mention the name of the journal, but not until/unless it's accepted;
- Revised Chapter 7 (massage research literacy textbook), incorporating all editor's changes.
With such an unholy convergence of deadlines, no wonder my adrenals are the size of grapefruits!
On the other hand, the first draft of the book's almost half done, the dissertation journal article is out of my hands for now, and the material I culled from the magazine rewrite is almost enough for the next column all by itself.
So, it progresses. :)